Sunday, March 30, 2008

Walking with the Dinosaurs


Hotdog, Pretzel, Bottle of Water.......$9.00

Light-up Dinosaur Toy with flying Pteranadons.......$22.00

Three Tickets to Walking with the Dinosaurs, Live.......$150.00

Learning a VALUABLE Lesson.......Priceless


A few months ago, I saw an advertisement for Walking with the Dinosaurs, Live! (http://www.dinosaurlive.com) After mulling it over for months, we broke down on Friday and ordered tickets to today's show in Amherst. The minute we walked into the Mullins Center, I knew it was a bad idea. We made it to our seats (in the 10th row!) and Tyler immediately said, "I want to go back outside." After luring him into the arena a few times, we finally gave up the fight and made the trek back home. The few mintutes I got to see of the show was really fascinating, but I guess he really was too young for this one and unfortunately it was a costly one. I knew on the way home that we had made the right decision when Tyler said "My legs were hot in there, I was scared." I think he meant that he was ready to run and the therapist in me said thank goodness we left. Instead, we came home, played football and soccer in the yard and made a yummy pizza for dinner. Not the way our day was planned, but a good one still!

5 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

NO WAY!!!! Oh my word, that would just be my luck. You are a VERY GOOD MOMMY for listening to your son and leaving. I'm afraid I might have told Reese that was okay, but I'd have to take the money out of her college account. Just kidding! (Kind of...)

Pigtail Mama said...

Haha! Funny comment, Kristy. :)

I agree with her- you are a GREAT mommy for listening to Tyler! It is such a bummer when we have these great ideas and they just don't pan out. What a nice thing to TRY to do, though! Maybe next time, right?

Heather said...

I echo Kelly's and Kristy's comments - you're such a good mom!
Looks really cool, but I can see how he would have been scared. Good call, Mom!

Daddy said...

I knew it was time to go when he flew out of my arms and took off for the exit on his own. It is going to make a great story.

The good news is there were no nightmares or any of that stuff.

Lisa said...

Yes, we learned our lesson on that one early on too. We took Kylie to a few shows etc, but haven't for a few years now. As fun as they look like they would be for little ones, I think if we wait a few more years we will get more bang for our buck out of them! Sounds like the day finished just as Tyler would've wanted it though so all was well! Good call!