Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Who in the World....

When we moved into this house, there were a few things that we KNEW we had to change-- the pink dining room (painted our first 48 hours in the house), the while carpet that covered about 1500 square feet of the floors (pulled up within the first 48 hours in the house), and lots of wallpaper (most of it is gone-- thanks to my trusty steamer, it works great! One of my best investments!).


However, there were a few things that I still look at and scratch my head about and ask the question to myself....


"Who in the WORLD would use white for EVERYTHING in the kitchen?"


The floors in the kitchen are white tile. The floors in the family room, leading from the messy garage and front walkway, are white tile. The kitchen counters are WHITE! It makes me crazy, but what perplexes me even more is that Winn and Nancy Reed, the couple who had this house built and lived here until we invaded, raised 6 KIDS here! I am constantly cleaning counters, floors, EVERYTHING! I only have 1 CHILD!


This post does have a point.... I have noticed that with the white counters, nothing comes off of it easliy-- coffee, washable (!) markers, cherries are the pits (HA!), but the worst came this weekend....


What was I thinking!

Tyler had a blast, he was a great study and picked up very quickly on the art of Easter egg coloring. It was so much fun to do, too! We even used the "magic crayon" it came with and drew on the eggs. Of course, there were a few casualties as Tyler had to test them to see how done they were. I almost wish I ate hard boiled eggs, I would have had a reason to do more!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

AMEN girlfriend! I hear ya about the white countertops! But at least for us it stops there- white tile in the kitchen and some of the family room- OUCH! I would have a mop permanently fixated to one hand :) Thanks for the reminder BEFORE we color our Easter eggs this weekend!

My alter-ego Amanda Jones said...

What in the world were you thinking not putting down newspaper or something!!! Didn't your mother teach you anything.

Pigtail Mama said...

We have a white sink and light countertops, so I totally understand. Soft Scrub with bleach is my best friend! It looks like Tyler had a great time coloring his Easter eggs, so that makes it worth the mess, right?

Heather said...

Does the Magic Eraser "do" Easter egg dye? What about the Chlorox bleach pen? I concur w/ Kelly - Soft Scrub w/ bleach has rescued me so far in my "kid messes".
But how fun, though! And Tyler's so adorable!