Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Farewell, Brett

Well, it is official.


Brett is done.


There have been few times in my life when I have felt empty like this in regards to my teams. Anyone who knows me knows that once a fan, always a fan. I do not waver. I am with my team through wins and losses. The last time I was this speechless about one of my teams was when I found out Bobby Knight was fired. It is going to be very strange to turn on a Green Bay game next fall and not see Brett there. He is the man. He started every game he possibly could, injured or not. He gave it his all and to think that he will not be taking the field is tragic in my book. I can be glad that Tyler got to see a legend play, he got to experience a master on the field and what one may refer to as a true sportsman. He didn't lie or cheat. He played through tradgedy, pain, and poor conditions. He didn't whine, complain, or pass the blame. I know a few athletes who could take some pointers from him.


Thanks for the memories.





2 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

I can't believe he is done! Sorry that you are losing such a great player. I can't even imagine what it will be like when Peyton leaves. Hopefully you will get a great quarterback, but there will never be another guy as likeable as Favre!

Heather said...

Hard to believe. He is a great player, a great example and will be a tough one to follow. You're the first one I thought of when I heard his announcement.