Saturday, June 14, 2008

Life Lesson #248

When a bee approaches, RUN!

This morning we were able to spend some time outside. I weeded, Frank golfed, and Tyler did a little bit of everything-- he played on the swings, shot some baskets, and hit some balls with both the baseball bat and his own golf clubs. While we were outside he asked if he could eat lunch outside. I thought that sounded like a great idea.

Tyler was starving and polished off his peanut butter and fluff sandwich and pineapple:


And even took a few mintues to cuddle with daddy for a picture:

After lunchtime it was going to be quiet time. Tyler busied himself on the deck with bugs and some leaves and Frank and I cleaned up the yard below. While I was cleaning the toys up, I heard "Ouch!", and then the tears started.... I raced up the stairs onto the deck to see a bee flying away. I realized right then, my baby was stung! Ouch, indeed! Frank and I brought Tyler inside and after a bunch of convinceing he let us look at his elbow and out some ice and medicine on it. He was a lot happier after I took out the Spongebob Band-aid though:

I guess this was a lesson learned for us all. Tyler will never look at bees in the same way again, and I really should have pursued that degree in medicine, right? I guess all of us mother's are doctors and don't even know it!

0 comments: