Sunday, June 8, 2008

Baby, it's HOT outside!

At the beginning of the week when the weather forecasters gave the 10 day outlook, I couldn't believe my eyes. They were predicting the 90's for this weekend, and closer to 100 for Monday. On Friday, it was supposed to be near 80 degrees outside and it didn't even make it out of the 60's! Then, Saturday morning, it was overcast, humid, and muggy, and chilly, all at the same time. I for sure thought that the weatherman had done it again-- blew the forecast. Then I looked outside at noon, the sun was out, and my house was unbearable. The Cheapskate in me lost out to the Comfort Queen. I turned the central air on. I can't believe I did it on June 7!

Anyways, after it made it to the 90's yesterday and again today, we are all glad that the air went on at this point. After all, as I was going around in the morning and opening up the windows, I found that most of the windows were still the storm windows from the winter-- it really hasn't been warm enough to worry about opening them all up! My question is, "What happened the the 70 and 80 degree weather????"

Yesterday, Frank had to proctor the S.A.T. and Tyler and I cleaned the house from top to bottom. After a crazy and busy week, it needed it! In the afternoon, we went over to Tyler's friend Olivia's house and the kids had a great time playing outside in the water. As we adults all stood there, dripping with sweat, we all wished that we had our bathing suits as well and could join the kids! Maybe next time! We all had a great time hanging out together and the mommies were able to even squeeze in a little "mommy time" at the end of the night!

Tyler and Olivia drinking from the spray mat....
Wipeout! The kids were having a blast running across the mat and then sliding. Remember how much fun Slip 'n Slides looked until you set it up and REALLY tried it?

2 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

I AM SOOOOOOOOO OVER THE HEAT ALREADY! Seriously, I think we might have to put a pool in if this continues. It is only June, for goodness sake! At least the kids look cool in those pictures! So cute!

Heather said...

I second Kelly's sentiment! I'm WAAAAY over it, myself! This isn't much different from the snow and cold, in that yesterday, I was trying to think of places to take Jack that was indoors but not in our house. I had cabin fever and it's JUNE! That mat DOES look pretty nice...!