Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Up, up, and AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must say that as I get older I am realizing that you should not wait around for things anymore, they do not always come to you. So I have had a slight change of personality and am trying to become a do-er. I have a lot of things that I want to do in my life and this week I was able to do one of them..... Needless to say, my Bucket List just got shorter.....

I went parasailing. I have been dying to go for a few years now and would always say "I want to do that!" but I never would. It always looked so peaceful and so relaxing. Whoever I was with would usually roll their eyes and pacify me for the time being. This is because I am NOT a good person around heights, I hate to fly, and I generally play it safe. There was no pacifying last week. I did it!

After talking about it all week, I went out on Friday monrning. I was nervous but very much looking forward to having at least 1 adventure/story to tell about Spring Break. After all, isn't that what the week is all about???? I chose the middle trip-- 350 feet. After all, it can't be THAT high, right? Wrong! We went out on the boat with a mother and her 10 year old daughter. The look on the girls face as she got higher was of terror! I thought for sure "this is it, I can't go!". BUT I am also very stubborn and thought "if she can do it, so can I!" and I did!

"This is the perfect height...."
I don't even think if I screamed they would be able to hear me.... Maybe next is parachuting?
I also got to take a "dip" in the ocean. How COOL!
I'm Baaaaaack!

2 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

How fun! I've been parasailing twice and thought it was so much fun. At least you can now say you've done it, and who knows? Maybe you'll even do it again someday!

Heather said...

I am VERY impressed! YAY, YOU!!! I had no idea the extent of your fear of heights until seeing it first-hand in Chicago. How's THAT for facing your fear in the eye and saying, "PHWEGH!!"!