Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes! Part 2

A few weeks ago Tyler asked me where the sun slept. As a parent, I know that I am never going to be able to answer all of his questions, but I KNEW that I could show him. So I told him that when we were in Florida, he would be able to see where the sun went when the moon came out.

After a great dinner, we headed to the ice cream shop and then the pier to watch the sun set. I was amazed at how many people came to watch! I was relaxed and calmed by such a beautiful sight. And as for Tyler, when I asked him where the sun went to sleep, he now knows "the ocean."



After dinner, the kids sat and posed for this shot on the deck of the restaurant. Many of the meals we ate, if not all, were on the water. This one was right on the beach and a really great place.
After we got our ice cream, we sat the kids on the pier and waited for the sun to go to sleep....
....right before the sun disappeared! Unfortunately, we chose the cloudiest night to watch, but it was still beautiful.
By the pier, there was a woman who made balloon toys. Here is Tyler with his sword. This was our second visit to her and the kids were pros and knew exactly what they wanted. Amazingly enough, all of our balloons made it home without any casualties!
You wouldn't know it, but this was the scene right before we walked out the door for dinner! These two PASSED OUT while watching TV. They were so tired they did not move. Some day I will have to personally thank the sun for a job well done!

2 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

That is so cute that Tyler asked where the sun goes! Such a smart question for a 3-year-old.

It looks like you guys had a great time in Florida! Hopefully you were able to bring the warmth back to Mass. with you! :)

Heather said...

Such cute pictures! Tyler is ADORABLE!! Looks like it was a blast! I'm glad you went and got a chance to relax and dig your toes into the sand.