Saturday, April 12, 2008

I was blown away..... In Chicago!

After a full week of recovery, I am finally able to write about my great weekend in Chicago with my girlfriends. Unfortunately, I became sick with the flu on Sunday night and have been pretty much wiped out all week long. But like they say, "What happens in Chicago, stays in Chicago!"

We all met there last Friday and had a blast from the minute the weekend started to the minute it ended. It had been a long time since we had all been together. The last time we were able to do this we met in June, 2003 in Nashville, TN at Jennifer's place (Dewees for those of you who know her like that!). I always knew that when I moved from Indiana not only was being away from my family going to be hard, but so was moving away from my friends. But during times like these, it makes the separation all that much more manageable! We all met at Indiana Univeristy over 10 years ago. I believe it was 1995! It has been such a long time that it all kind of wizzes by! We were all part of the same sorority, Alpha Omicron Pi. And although things were crazy and chaotic in the house, we have remained friends ever since and I have a boatload of memories to thank these guys for!

While we visited last weekend, we ate, drank, talked, and caught up on a lot of needed sleep. The weather was beautiful so it made our day of shopping along Michigan Ave all that much better! We even managed to take a break on the Hershey Store and enjoy cupcakes, cookies, and milkshakes! For lunch, we met up with some other sorority sisters who I had not seen since my Baby Shower for Tyler and my WEDDING! It was great to visit with them and everyone looks great! We ate deep-dish pizza, walked the famed Rush and Division Streets, and managed to dance a few tunes late at night! I can't wait for the next weekend (by then, some of us will be pushing 40!).

Here we are waiting outside the pizza place. By now we were STARVING! Most of us are used to eating a lot earlier than the 9PM hour! From left to right: Myself, Amee, Heather, Kelly, and Jennifer.
Stopping for a picture along Michigan Ave. It was difficult to tear us away from those stores, but this was one opprotunity we could not pass up! When was the last time you hear a sorority girl say "no" to a picture? Liza and Addie joined in for this shot-- Liza is due in mid-June and Addie still has all the energy even with an infant!
The view from our room-- Lake Michigan. The weather on Saturday was beautiful, thank goodness!
The view from the front door of our room. This shot was taken blindly-- there was NO WAY I was getting anywhere near that railing on the 16th floor!
Tyler at the airport, posing with his new Blackhawks stick bought in Chicago. I surprised him with the stick and he surprised me with flowers! Made my night!




3 comments:

Heather said...

Those are great pictures! I miss you! What were we doing a week ago tonight...? Going to Dick's Last Resort, perhaps...? I had SO much fun! Thanks for making the trip and thanks to Frank and Tyler for sharing their wife/mommy for the weekend. Wish you hadn't gotten sick after coming home, though. Love ya and can't wait to see you again!

Pigtail Mama said...

What great pictures, and what a group of good-looking girls we are! Thanks for a GREAT weekend. Sorry to hear you were sick! :( It was awesome to see you and I can't wait until next time. Oh, and I may have to steal these pictures! :)

Lisa said...

Looks like you had a great time in Chicago! Was sorry to have missed you- maybe this summer we can meet up?! Keep me posted on your plans! You had a wonderful weekend weatherwise too - I'm sure it was much more fun than had it been 30 degrees on Michigan Ave like it had been earlier in the week!!!