Saturday, April 12, 2008

A boy and his bug!

On Wednesday, it was gorgeous outside. When I got home, Frank and Tyler were playing outside. I decided to be a party pooper and go in and lay down since I was still not feeling well. At one point Frank yelled "Jennifer, come here, hurry!" So off I went. This is what I saw: Tyler discovered a Leaf Bug. This poor bug had NO IDEA he was getting in the way of a boy and his stick, but to our surprise, Tyler dropped the stick and continued to play with this bug. He was mesmerized by it. It brought back all sorts of fond memories for myself. Growing up in California, I used to collect snails and cart them around in my dumy truck. I was also very fond of Rolly-pollies, or Potato Bugs.
Here is a close up of the bug. I am happy to announce that when he had finished playing with it, he picked it up and threw it into a bush. (That bug had a MUCH better fate than almost every other bug who was able to be caught by Tyler!)

2 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

Even though I'm not a big fan of bugs, I have to say that is a pretty cool bug! And a pretty cool little boy, too!

Lisa said...

Just maybe this is one thing I will escape dealing with having 2 girls- b/c I HATE bugs!!!! Looks like Tyler was having a great time though!