Saturday, July 18, 2009

The son he never had....

Every summer we are home, Frank and my dad venture out around town and stop by all the "townie" eateries in Bloomington. You know, the places you have heard of, drive by, but never stopped by? Hinkles, White Castle, Pammy's (which is no longer in existence due to a fire, but a new joint, called Dirty Dog moved in).... anyways, you get the idea! This year was no exception, and within the first few days of the trip, they had their tenderloins at Jiffy Treet, sliders at White Castle and plans to take in more Midwest cuisine by weeks end!

I was able to snap a few shots of the these two (in public mind you) together. I am very lucky that these two influential men in my life get together so well and have created this special bond. After all, my dad put in many years before he could say he had a son in the family! Frank is truly the son he never had (although he did teach me to appreciate all sports, mow the lawn, and appreciate a good cold beer!).


1 comments:

Heather said...

Those two CRACK me up together! Their banter is hilarious! That's great that they get along so well.
Pammy's burned? : (