Friday, July 24, 2009

Indiana University

One thing that I always want to do but never get around to doing is to visit the University. This trip we made a quick stop one morning to visit Sample Gates and Memorial Stadium. We woke early, stopped at Dunkin Donuts, and ate our food and drank our coffee on the benches right by Sample gates.

I have had the luxury of seeing a few university's through the years. None are as pretty as Indiana, however. Maybe I am a bit impartial since I am part of the "I ♥ School Gang"!
The bell/clock tower. My dad said it was the clock tower... then it got to be 10 o'clock and the bells rang!

The view from Sample Gates down Kirkwood. All towns should have a view as nice as this!
Tyler wanting to get the feel for campus life...

It's hard to believe, but eight years ago Frank and I had out picture taken in this very same spot on out wedding day. Time flies, and things change, but I am not sure there is anything we would change back!
Trying to get a shot of only Frank and I. How were we supposed to shoo the little guy away when he ran up?
Out next stop was Memorial Stadium. For a few years now they have been working on renovating the stadium and revamping the overall appearance. Tyler was so excited to go and visit, and took off once we were inside...
The view of the end zone now. Very different from when I was there years ago!
On the field there was a girl's field hockey camp. I am not sure if Tyler was watching the girls or the fact they were playing a form of hockey!
Tyler and Grampy. Numerous times since visiting the stadium Tyler has asked when we will get to go to a real game. Hopefully real soon! Frank and I would love to make a trip back in the Fall, tailgate, and root on the Cream and Crimson! Who knows? Maybe 2010 will be the year!

3 comments:

Heather said...

IU B-town does have a gorgeous campus. I miss it. Let's see what we can do to get all of our kids to go to IU, k? Wouldn't Parents' Weekend be a blast?!
Great pictures!
What's the "I love school gang"?

Lisa said...

IU was the best- it is the most beautiful campus and I have THE best memories from our times there!! Now I just live vicariously through all the folks around here heading to IU in the fall!

Great pictures you had the chance to take together!!

Pigtail Mama said...

Great pictures! Is Tyler ready to fill out his application? Oh, maybe we should let him get through Kindergarten first! :)

BTW, when does he start K? In RI you have to be 5 by December 1, which means he would go this year, right? What is it in Mass.?