Saturday, July 18, 2009

One is silver and the other is gold....

On Saturday night, I headed to Indianapolis to spend time with my friends from college. Other than spending time with my family when we come to town, I look forward to this get together the most. As we have become older and life has gotten more busy, my trips home have become a yearly thing. Which means one thing... lots to catch up on! I am extremely blessed to have such a good group that I can call my friends. We have made it through happy and sad times and are always there for each other. I really don't know what I would do without them!We all met up at Fionn McCool's, and Irish place in Indianapolis. We had a great time enjoying our Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy, dinner, and great conversations. (From left to right: Jennifer, Kelly, myself, Heather, and Amee.) The best part of dinner? Meeting my new friend, Luke (age 4 months)! Thanks, Heather, for bringing your newest addition!


After dinner Amee, Kelly, Jennifer, and I headed to Scotty's for some more time together over yummy martini's. Heather had to head home with the baby, but she was definitely in out thoughts! While at Scotty's we each ordered drinks, but the hit off the night? A Strawberry Cheesecake martini! Delicious!
Before we knew it, the night was coming to an end :(.... Kelly was kind enough to give us a ride back to Jennifer's house for the night. When we arrived home, Bailey was waiting for us:


Thanks, guys, for a great night with good friends, great laughs, and awesome drinks! My only regret? That it can't happen more often... What do you all think? The East coast is calling? I guess in the meantime I will have to work on a girl's weekend destination for 2010!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Mmm...strawberry cheesecake martini?! YUMMY! That might just have to replace yucca as our drink of choice...you know, now that we're adults. I hope you drank one for me, since I was in your thoughts! Now that I'm done having babies and don't need to save any more time for maternity leaves, I can save time off for East Coast trips and girls' weekends!!

Pigtail Mama said...

Aw, I love this post! Thanks for taking the pictures. It was so great seeing you all, but of course esp. you Jennifer. I hope we can do it again soon! I will start scoping out places for a girls' weekend 2010! love ya!