Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Shhhhhh, Do you hear that?

It's silence.

This past weekend we were in New York again and on Sunday night, we left Tyler there with Aunt Laurette and Uncle Jim, and OF COURSE, Conor and Skylar. Frank was already planning to return to Long Island this week to watch the Islanders Training Camp for a few days. So on Sunday, we pulled away from 374 Holmes Street with no one in the back seat.

Strange.

When we got home, we unpacked, changed our clothes and planned on hanging out for the night. Then we thought, "what are we doing!" We got dressed again and headed down the road to Sophia's, a bar/restaurant that we frequented a lot, pre-marriage, pre-Ty, pre-Master's degrees! We played games, had a drink, and hung out together. We were a bit relieved that our time out did not include the usual $10 an hour babysitter fee we usually pay! As tired as we were, there was no way that we could have stayed inside for the night knowing that we could do whatever we wanted (within reason!).

On Monday, Frank made the trek back to Long Island. All I have to say it that I am VERY jealous! Not only is Frank off for the next few weeks, but he is with my Little Man! I miss them both very much and I am not sure what to do with myself in the evenings now! They will both be back tomorrow night. Hopefully I will find something to do with myself for the next 24 hours so I don't regret wasting this time!

To Aunt Laurette and Uncle Jim-- THANKS!

3 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

How nice for you! I know it can be hard sometimes to figure out what to do without your husband and son. Come on girl, THINK! Haha!

No, seriously- I am sure that although you will somehow manage without them it will be nice to see them tomorrow! Enjoy your evening!

Heather said...

Isn't it funny - it's like you're "broken" when the gang's not all there?!
Mmm...Sophias! Did you get any pizza? (and you only had "a drink"?...are you crazy?)

Lisa said...

I know it's strange but enjoy your time- those hours are few and far between anymore :)!