Friday, July 25, 2008

A Day with Grandpa!

On Wednesday, I headed out with Grandma, Great Grandma, and cousin Lindsay to go antiquing. Frank went golfing in the morning and that left Tyler and Grandpa for the rest of the morning and part of the afternoon.

When I was a little girl, there was a zoo in Manitowoc that I loved to go and visit. It was not very big, but did the job of fulfilling my zoo fix. Grandpa had the great idea of taking Tyler to that very same zoo. The two of then had a blast together! Better yet, Grandpa said that Tyler was on his best behavior! They saw panthers, foxes, wolves, reindeer, and eagles. Tyler said his favorite part was the bears (even though they were hiding in their enclosed area).


Tyler posing with the Prairie Dogs.
Fooling around with the lion statue.
Catching up with daddy at the Fox Hills resort after his golf game. Lucky guy went for a ride on the golf cart!

Grandma, Great Grandma, Lindsay, and I all had a great time antiquing. Frank is thankful that we do live so far away on days like this-- I have no problem finding odd treasures in Wisconsin that will look great at our house. The only problem is shipping... maybe someday I will be able to take a road trip there and stock up on goodies! I did manage some small treasures-- and old egg basket, baby bib and jumper, and antique kitchen utensils for a project that I have in mind.

1 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

That is so sweet that your dad took Tyler to the zoo! I bet he had a great time. It sounds like you all got to do something you enjoyed- sounds like a perfect day to me!