Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Needless to say, it is Wednesday and we are still wiped out from our holiday weekend. We had so much fun in New York, but trying to catch up and go back to work on Monday it NOT FUN! We hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and had happy bellies! I know we did! Here is my quick synopsis of the weekend...

Getting 3 rambunctious kids all showered, dressed, and prepped for the afternoon turned out to be an pretty easy task. Even taking a few shots was not a chore. What made the whole thing great was Laurette and I realizing that Tyler and Conor were in very similar outfits, on accident!

The toy room took a beating throughout the day. Here are all the kids chilling and horsing around with each other. Skylar will never miss a chance to be the life of the party! Such a great girl!

Thanksgiving means one thing in New York. The Annual Fagan Family House Lighting Ceremony! Other than the food, it is truly our favorite reason for being on long Island. My brother-in-law, Jim, strives to be Clark Griswald himself! Tyler and I took a moment to capture a shot under one of many blow-ups!
The complete view of the Fagan homestead. It is fantastic to watch the cars creep by and take a peek every night! I only thank goodness it is Jim doing this, and not myself. I am not really sure I want to see the electric bill!
As if Uncle Jim's display wasn't enough... On Friday night, Grandma and Papa took all three of the kids. Overnight. The entire night. And morning. And bedtime. Catch my drift? The kids helped them decorate their Christmas tree and then on Saturday they helped put out all the lawn decorations.
After the tree was done and the yard looked festive, Tyler moved inside Grandmas and Papa's to do some touching up to Grandma's Christmas village.... I guess he thought that the town looked naked without some Great White Sharks added to the display!

The boys, Grandma, and myself took the time to play some board games. Conor, Grandma and I all played Clue Jr. and tried to figure out who ate the chocolate cake, when, and with what drink. While Tyler made up games of his own. It had been a long time since I played Clue!
"It was Mrs. Scarlet, drinking chocolate milk, at 5:00PM!"
Tyler opted for a game of Candyland. In true Tyler fashion, the game pieces were body checking against the imaginary boards before to long!
Left to their own devices, these kids can entertain themselves for a loooong time. At one point on Saturday night, all the adults were sitting around, talking. We realized that it was a bit toooooo quiet in the toy room. So I went in to investigate. These kids were so caught up in their game of "school" that they didn't even look my way when I walked in! Of course I interrupted Mr. Conor's counting lesson to snap a few pictures!

His pupils-- listening intently. I watched them for awhile to see what they were being taught. Conor had drawn some dots on the board and was asking them to count them and throwing in some addition here and there. Tyler and Skylar even were raising their hands and staying in their seats until he called on them. Now why won't Tyler listen to his mom and dad that well? Hmmmmm.....

Ahhhhh.... the car ride home from Long Island. Let me tell you how different it was from the ride there. On our way there on Wednesday, we weren't even out of Wilbraham yet when Tyler asked "Are we almost there?" Ye gads! He did not stop talking the entire way to New York! On the way home it was another story...


Now granted I wished I was able to move like this following a holiday weekend, I couldn't. So I grabbed the camera and let the little guys show off their moves and all their pent-up energy (what? they had some left???!?!?!?!) here in this clip from Saturday night. if you watch all the way to the end, you will see my little guy busting a pretty good gymnast moves!


Just in case the previous picture just wasn't enough, here is a video with the sound effects... Over the rain, radio, and cars whizzing by, this is what we heard from the backseat:

3 comments:

Heather said...

OH-MI-GOODNESS...that last video clip has me in tears! Poor guy...he was SO tired! Bless his little heart, he played so hard.
WOW! No wonder you had trouble getting back into the swing of things on Monday! I would have, too! That's a pretty cool light display, but I'm like you, I wouldn't want the electric bill.
Glad you had a good Thanksgiving and are safe back at home. Now, bring on Christmas! You're not coming to Indiana, are you...?

Pigtail Mama said...

It looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving! I love all the pictures of the kids (I am on K's laptop and can't watch the videos- I will have to watch them on our desktop). :) I can't believe Jim's decorating- that is quite spectacular! I agree with you- I wouldn't want to see his electric bill. :) I'm glad that you had a happy Turkey Day!!

IUgirl78 said...

Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving! I love Uncle Jim's house--one day I hope to go all out like that. :) The pictures of them playing together were too cute. Tyler obviously has a great time with his cousins!