Sunday, December 28, 2008

I love my...

New bathroom!

For awhile now, our master bathroom has been steadily falling apart. When we first came and looked at the house before buying it, I really did not fall in love with this room, so I can not say I was sorry when the pink floor tile started buckling and coming up with the vacuum! Frank and I asked around and found a friend's dad to help out with the job, so we happily went to work demoing the room. Unfortunately, the job took a lot longer than expected, but the end result was well worth it! All in all it took 3 weeks to finish and a lot of sweeping, mopping, and patience on our part!
Frank doing his part as my demo man. He was happy to get in there and de-pink the room!

As you can see, the toilet was pink. The sink-- pink as well! The wall paper was pink and white striped, but I quickly pulled that from the walls the first month after we moved in! The floor titles were those itty-bitty tiles, all individually laid. It broke my heart to get rid of them and all the workmanship that went into laying the floor. Not!

This was the scene day 1 after the experts arrived. This is a shot of the shower stall. Turns out that the shower has been leaking long before we ever moved in and the wood was rotten. Read: cha-ching! New shower frame, coming right up!
Ahhhhhh, no more pink sink, no more pink toilet. I really appreciate the old owners, but what man would allow his wife to purchase a pink sink and matching toilet?
This is one of many holes in the wall. Turns out that when you pull tile from plaster, you also pull lots of wall. The top hole is where the ugly medicine cabinet was. We are making progress!
New floor tile!
New shower stall with new tile!
The final product! Wainscoting all around, cherry vanity and matching medicine cabinet, and lovely neutral tile all over. Just my taste! But the highlight of our new bathroom:
Our new toilet! We are so excited by this! It is chair height, low water flow, and WHITE! I love this room!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh yes...the fun of bathroom remodeling! Chipping up that tile on the floor is pure h*ll, too! We feel for you! It looks GREAT, though! That will DEFINITELY help you when you sell the house...to move to Indiana, of course, right? ; ) I know, I know...I'll keep dreaming.

Lancastermom said...

You're moving to Indiana... I know I'm also dreaming... it looks great!!!!! I can't believe you didn't love the pink toilet lol.