Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snow Day!

This is the scene at our house over the last 3 days! After a very mild winter season so far, we paid for it this weekend. Dearly! Up until Friday, the only snow we had received so far was the inch the weekend before. I knew it was too good to be true! Frank, on the other hand, was so excited to fire up the new snow blower and put it to work!

Frank had no school on Friday because the snow was predicted to start around noon. He decided that morning that he would keep Tyler at home with him. Me, on the other hand, I dragged myself out of bed, showered, dressed, and left the house at 7:30am. On the way to work, I checked the "snow line" for our company. For ha-has only. After all, it wasn't snowing yet and I could work most of the day before it got really bad outside. But what did this snow line say? At 7:45am on Friday it said we were closed! UGH! I quickly remembered that I now had a snow day and could stay at home with my guys and rest, too! I made a quick trip to Target and a few other places (after all, I was dressed and ready for the day!), and then circled on back home!


This was the view on Saturday. If you look really hard, you can see that it is still snowing! We got about 10 inches from Friday into Saturday. The weatherman said that there would be a few intermittent snow flurries on Saturday....

Tyler and I bundled up mid-afternoon and headed out to play. Brrr, it was cold!
Tyler helped clean off out moose in the front yard. As you can see in this picture it is still snowing! (Few intermittent snow flurries, yeah right!)
Tyler kept falling in the snow. It was light and fluffy, but there were a few drifts that were quite deep. His poor cheeks were so red!
Here's Ty practicing his snow angels! He can hardly see what is going on!
The deep snow was a great workout! He really had to work to get up after he fell! We made attempts to build a snowman, but it was not snowman making snow. Even after playing outside for an hour, he was still smiling and not complaining of the cold! I decided that it was time to go in after seeing the color of his cheeks!
Little did I know that Saturday was only a taste of what was coming on Sunday. It eventually stopped snowing after dark on Saturday. But on Sunday, by the time we woke up, it was already snowing again! This was the scene out my side door (thank goodness for the red ribbons, otherwise I can't see my wreaths!):
This time Frank took Tyler outside. They had so much fun together!
For Christmas, Santa dropped off an early gift-- a toboggan! Frank had to show Tyler how to use it...
...and it didn't take long for Tyler to learn how to use it!

Monday brings the sun and clear skies (what, no snow?)! Until then, we will keep our mittens dry and our snow blower warm!

PS. Our snow total right now is 15 inches!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Aw, man! I'm a little jealous! I love a good snow day, esp around Christmas. K, J and A will probably want to club me for saying that. I grew up in No. Indiana, afterall, it's in my blood.
Send some our way...please?

Pigtail Mama said...

I miss those New England winters. I remember the time we had 24 inches out there- I didn't know what to do with myself! I LOVE snow, too! I'm hoping for a white Christmas, but right now I think it is too cold to snow here.

It looks like you all made the most of your day- how fun that you all had snow days! Your house looks so cute all decked out for Christmas. I've always wanted enough windows on my house to do the wreath thing. That just says homey to me (as in "warm, inviting" and not "wassup, homeboy!" Just wanted to clarify!).

I just got home from baking cookies with my friends and am a little giddy! ;)

Merry Christmas, Genovese family!

Heather said...

Are you hitting the sauce again, K? ; )
Just wanted to add that I love the new blog header pic! Forgot to mention that previously.
XOXO