Sunday, May 18, 2008

Timber!

When we first looked at this house, I was amazed by all the trees and flowers that surrounded the house. The woman who lived here had a great Green Thumb and most people know that I do not! In the front of the house there was a smaller tree that I knew was going to be some type of flowering tree. We moved into the house in the Fall and I could not wait until the Spring when the tree bloomed. Needless to say, I have now waited 2 Springs and not one flower, leaf, bud, or anything came from this tree! The weekend was our weekend to say good-bye. We rented a chainsaw and I gave Frank my blessing, handed him the chainsaw and told him to go to town....


While I was keeping a watchful eye on my husband with the chainsaw, I managed to keep another eye on Tyler who took every toy he owned from the garage, played for about 30 seconds and then cleared them off the driveway so I could draw a rink for him to play on:
Did I mention that there are A LOT of trees, flowers, and plantings in the yard? On Sunday we had to head back out to finish the trimming, hedging, and weeding we didn't get to on Saturday. It was a feat all in its self but we managed to get most of it done! Because we were in the backyard, Tyler wanted to drive his "truck" around and help with his shovel. After awhile he had more fun playing in the flatbed part: He also pulled out his chalk and drew for a bit. I think there was more on his face, shirt, and pants when he was done! He also practiced some gold swings in the yard.

4 comments:

Professor P said...

I think I've seen that masked man carrying the chainsaw somewhere else. Could it have been the Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

Pigtail Mama said...

We just cut down a tree in our yard that was dead, too! I guess you and I have the same kinds of skills when it comes to taking care of plants! :)

Your house and yard look beautiful! I just love all of the trees. We have tons of trees, too, and it is awesome. Until the fall when you have to rake them all, right?

Tyler is so funny in those pictures ! That is one cool truck he has. And yes, hockey- it can be played with or without and ice rink, huh? :)

Heather said...

I can't believe you cut down that tree! It's a VERY RARE Indonesian red-bud tree and it only flowers once every four years! I think it's on the endangered list, too.
Hehe...

Daddy said...

Thankfully I walked away with all of my appendages in tact