Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Green Thumb, Part 2

On Monday, I finally managed to get all of my plants into the ground. I think I was procrastinating a bit because they were doing so well in their little "peat pots". I hopefully will remember that they are there and that watering will be important if I ever expect to get anything from this! I was so good when I first started the seedlings-- I had everything labeled and sorted and ready to go. However, in all the moving around, the labels fell off, so I have no idea which plants are which. I guess that will be my extra incentive to sticking with my mini-garden!

Is this zucchini or squash? Maybe these are the pumpkins?
Or do these look like pumpkins? While I was trying to figure all this out, I did consult with the seed packages. Did you know that the seedlings I planted all look the same at this stage? Needless to say, the packages were not helpful!
In the meantime..... Frank and I have learned that without a fence around the yard, Tyler needs someone to stay with him. He had a ball playing in the sandbox and even called himself a "buckethead"-- with good reason, I suppose!

2 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

I love the new pic in your header! That is a great one of the fam. :)

I am impressed that you are even trying to plant something! I talked about it, but as usual didn't do it. I hope that you will have lots to harvest later this summer!

Heather said...

I love the pic, too!
Tyler looks so big in that picture! I can't wait to see him this summer.
Frank Sinatra is playing right now, I feel like I'm watching the Godfather...