Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Green Thumb?


Or at least purple....


Every year I have this great idea to plant a garden and every year I think about it and every year I forget to start it. Not this year. I was bound and determined to do it. I bought my seeds and my planting material early on (in March) and remembered to start it last week. Tyler and I planted a whole tray of different types of pumpkins and another tray of zucchini and squash. I chose these because in the summer we eat a lot of zucchini and squash when we BBQ. I chose the pumpkins because of a house on our circle. We went there trick-or-treating at their house and their pumpkins were amazing-- as big as Tyler amazing! So I figured I would give them a try as well.
We have been checking them every day and this was what I found this evening! I can not believe that I have actually managed to grow something and not kill it! The tricky part will be next week when I go to move seedlings outside and get them to grow in the yard! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

How fun! Can we hire you to start a garden for us? If not, at least you've given me tips on how to get started with the seedlings! Kylie always talks about wanting a garden?!

Pigtail Mama said...

What a great idea! I should try that. Zucchini and squash are yummy. I can't wait to see how big the pumpkins get! Good luck!