Friday, May 2, 2008

Cheers!

I promise this is the last post of our Florida trip......

When I was in college, I used to go to Florida with my family. During my senior year, my friend Kelly joined us. We had a great time. There was this bar, Dusseldorf's, that we would visit each night. It was a great place-- you could sit outside, people watch, drink good beer (they have an extensive menu from around the world), listen to music, and relax. One night when Kelly and I were there with my parents, we were talked into doing Karaoke (who's idea was THAT?). Anyone who really knows me KNOWS that I can NOT carry a tune. We chose Tainted Love as the song we sang and to this day, my parents still do not let me live it down! When we finished our song, the waitress gave us mugs and I still have mine (it's over 10 years old)!

Anyways, during our trip to Ft. Myers last week, we all went back to Dusseldorf's. Lucky for the patrons there, it was not a karaoke night!


Frank and I enjoyed some good German beer. I had a Edelweiss. I also had a Leffe Blonde to toast my dad, the connoisseur of Belgian Beers! While the adults enjoyed their beer, the kids ate their ice cream and were able to run around. Tyler even added to the ambiance and went up to the D.J. and asked that he "play some Bruce for my daddy."
Towards the end of the week, Conor asked "When are we going to go back to that bar?" We had to go back on our last night there and the kids all took turns at playing the ring toss game Dusseldorf's had set up (after they finished their ice cream-- again!). I am sure that whoever put it there did not envision two 3 year olds and a 5 year old taking turns! Here is Tyler right after he got the ring on the hook. Thank goodness he is easily entertained!
Our group picture on the last night. We all have big smiles on our faces!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

It looks like you all had a blast in FL! You have given me a bit more courage to at least think about a family vacation involving an airplane or a lengthy car ride together :)! Actually my dad had the idea of the 10 of us plus the 3 dogs all together for a week at Lake Lemon in July- wish us luck!

Pigtail Mama said...

I CAN'T believe you went to Dusseldorf's! They have the best beer there, didn't they? That is awesome that you went there. Too bad you weren't able to karaoke to "Tainted Love." Good times, good times.....