Monday, August 4, 2008

A Letter to my Husband....

Dear Frank,

Happy Anniversary! It was 7 years ago today that we became husband and wife and time has flown by. I have no idea what I would be doing today without you.

Do you remember when we met 10 years ago? I remember that you had that hockey jacket on-- zipped to the neck! I also remember thinking "Who in the world zips their jacket that high?". I know what your thoughts were of me. When we all went out that first night, I remember coming home and watching (in horror) as you downed that plate of spaghetti! I also remember Labor Day weekend when everyone left the house and you called to check in on me and we went out together. I think that was the start of where we are now.

We used to watch college football games at the house on Saturdays. You used to bum my egg rolls. We would go get Chinese food and you didn't care for it. Now not a Sunday goes by without us ordering it! The Hot Club, Hot Pants, bringing you ice to help heal your pulled muscle after a game of golf. These are all things I think about when I remember those early days before we were even a couple.

Then the kiss-- you kissed me first. I will always say that. I also think about how nervous I was when you graduated and were looking for a job. Thank goodness for Henniker, New Hampshire. If you hadn't gone there, you would have ended up someplace else-- farther away! When I graduated, we got our apartment together. I remember the official "moving day." You left for a haircut and didn't come back for 2 hours. Little did I know that you were making dinner reservations and buying champagne.

When you proposed to me, you were so nervous! I thought it was the sweetest thing ever. I will always remember you on 1 knee in our living room at 83 East Alvord on May 11, 2000. That was our first night living together and the first night I was your fiance.

Fifteen months later, I became Mrs. Jennifer Genovese (Julia Gulia). That was the best wedding I was at, I never wanted it to end. We had a great weekend with our family and friends. Then it was off to the Bahamas for a great honeymoon. Some day we will go back.

Now look at us-- we have come a long way! We have traveled and done things that some people will never get to experience. We have a wonderful son who amazes both of us every day. We work hard and know each other like the back of our hands.

I have a great life with you and I thank God every day that you are my husband. I am lucky to have such a great man, friend, and dad to out son. Thank you. Every day with you means that things are still to come and for that I look forward to those surprises!

I love you and Happy Anniversary!
Jennifer

A successful marriage requires falling in love many times,
always with the same person.
-Mignon McLaughlin

4 comments:

Heather said...

This is so sweet. Happy Anniversary, you two! You're a wonderful couple.

Lancastermom said...

Congratulations guys! Love you both! That was so sweet from both of you, makes me teary eyed!

Pigtail Mama said...

What a sweet letter! Happy Anniversary!! Love you guys!

Lisa said...

We hope you had a wonderful anniversary! Congrats on 7 years and wishes for many, many more special memories to come!
Love- Pete, Lisa, Kylie & Peyton