Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday to ME!

I am proud to say (and I have nothing to hide!) that I turned the big "3-3" on August 14th! I had one of the best birthdays of my past few years on Thursday and I owe it all to Frank and Tyler. After Tyler broke the bond of Manhood by spilling Frank's secret earlier in the week, I had no idea what else I was in store for! All I knew was that I was getting cake-- that is no surprise since every year Frank buys one at the store, but NOT this year! Frank and Tyler worked hard all afternoon and baked and frosted me a delicious, moist, cake! That was the nest part of all!

When I got home from work, Tyler jumped out from behind the kitchen counter and screamed "Happy Birthday, Mommy!". I immediately had a smile on my face. Then, he could not wait for me to open my presents and he gave me his. (Drum roll, please!) I got a LABEL MAKER! Who knew that I would be so excited about such a small thing! I had one, but it was a nuisance to use and I opted to not use it! Now, in the few days I have had this new one, I have labeled everything that has been screaming for labels (and then some)!

Then Frank gave me his gift. When I was in Chicago in April, we sampled Hanae Mori Perfume. I loved it and remembered this back in July. I told Frank when we were flying to Indiana "you can get me this perfume for my birthday." By this point, I had already done some research online and knew that it was difficult to find around here. But you guessed it, Frank found it! I am so excited to finally have some nice perfume to wear! Don't worry, I resisted the urge to label the perfume box!

After we opened the gifts, Frank and Tyler told me to close my eyes and that was when they pulled the cake from the oven! Frank bough confetti cake and icing and I could not wait to dig in! But first we headed out to dinner and because it was a beautiful night out, we opted for the music at Uno's in their outdoor courtyard. After dinner, I got to come home and blow out the candles on my beautiful cake:
Pose with my son for a quick birthday shot(we all put on our pajamas to have dessert in!):
And relish in the fact that my son is 3 and he loves to eat icing!
Thanks, guys, for a great birthday! You were definitely the bright stars in my week!

5 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

Happy Birthday!!! It sounds like you had the perfect day. I am so impressed that Frank and Tyler made you a cake! It looks delicious, and so pretty, too! I am also amazed that Frank found that perfume for you. How nice! I am so glad that you had a great day! Happy 33rd...I'll be joining you in a few months!! :)

Heather said...

What a great birthday! What a thoughtful pair of men! So, Tyler didn't QUITE break the code of manhood by spilling ALL of the beans, right?

Lancastermom said...

Glad you had such a great b-day. How thoughtful of Frank to bake you a cake! Glad you got the perfume that you wanted! Happy 33rd!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday.good looking cake,will there be any left by the time we get there saturday.

Lisa said...

What a special birthday your men planned for you- nothing beats that! Glad you had such a special day and great perfume choice!