Thursday, August 7, 2008

I'm Leaving on a JET Plane....

Don't know when I'll be back again.....





I am a sad, sad person this morning. Picture this: It's the early morning, the alarm goes off. First it's those annoying little beeps every alarm has. I hit snooze. The next time the alarm goes off, it's set to the radio. All you hear are the annoying morning announcers telling you that your main man (besides Frank) is going to play for the JETS! Arghhhhhhhh! I guess you will always remember certain things in your life-- where you were when you got engaged, the day your child was born, what you were doing when you found out that Brett was traded...

I still remember when Green Bay played the Buffalo Bills. Frank got me tickets to the game in Buffalo. We went for the weekend to the great city of Buffalo (they do have really good wings there!) and went to the game on Sunday. Green Bay lost. On the ride home, we listened to sports radio. Guess what I heard on that day? Miles Brand telling the whole world that IU had fired Bobby Knight. Ye gads. My favorite sports figures will be ever connected that way!


People have asked me for the past few weeks-- "what do you think about Brett?" I'll now tell you what I think about Brett (even if you don't want to hear!). I feel like a 7th grader at a school dance and I was just laughed at by the boy I really like. I am broken hearted and right now I want nothing to do with football in the Fall. I will be watching my television, but I will be watching the pilot of the new 90210.



I will not be watching the Jets. I will not be a Jets fan. I will have green on-- green and gold, that is. Once again, I must say, thanks for the memories, Brett. It was nice while it lasted.

4 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

Ah, Jennifer. I read this last night and needed a moment to reflect on what to say. I would like to say I can't imagine what that would be like, but I KIND of can (kind of). If Peyton ever did that after leaving the Colts, I would be devastated and feel betrayed. I'm sure that is exactly how you are feeling right now.

I'm really sorry- I know how much the Packers mean (meant?) to you. Hopefully the good memories will bring you back one day.

If not, I'm totally all for 90210!!! Love ya, girl!

Lancastermom said...

OH honey I'm so sorry. It's good that you finally let your feelings out. I knew that it was hard for you. BUt I know you will always be a cheesehead!

Lisa said...

We are sincerely sorry for your loss. Maybe it's time to change your colors to orange and blue ;)?

Heather said...

Orange and blue?! Are you CRAZY! Well, you ARE a Chicagoan. I'll give you a break on that, Lisa. ; )
My vote's for blue and white...just so you NEVER go over to the dark (Patriot) side. Who does Frank root for?