Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick-or-Treat!

What a wonderful Halloween this year! After the weather last week, we really thought that Ty would have snow boots on with his costume, but the sun came out today, and Mother Nature heard our prayers! I was such a nice Fall night, warm temps, leaves rustling in the street, and clear skies!

When Tyler woke in the morning, he wanted to put his costume on right away. I told him it was packed for school and he would put it on there when it was time. When we arrived at school, he immediately want to show it to his teachers! He was so excited. As the morning progressed, the kids trick-or-treated at school and did a costume parade for their morning walk-- I am sure the neighbors loved it!

After school, we had dinner and then it came time to get dressed again! Ty was so good at being patient and waiting for each piece to go on just so-- the end result was awesome! And because it was a Friday night, we took out time and enjoyed played Power Rangers in costume inside the house. Tyler and I then set out to go around the circle while Frank stayed home and passed out candy to *lots* of kids!

Me and my super hero!

Striking a pose-- he did a wonderful job with his costume and even got into character for a few houses!
I felt like it was the first day of school and I had to capture every moment. This was the first year that he was really into trick-or-treating and Frank and I relished in every minute!

Dumping out all hit loot and checking what he got. The whole time we were out he kept saying "I am going to eat all this candy when I get home!". Well, he tried! What comes up, must come down! After a few mini-Twix bars, a Three Musketeers ("Mommy, this is really good, you have to try it!") and a Twizzler, he was done! (The ironic part is, that except for M&M's, Tyler has never enjoyed candy! I guess Frank and I will have some competition this year at the candy bowl! ) We put on comfy clothes enjoyed a little of "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" and then called it a night!

3 comments:

Heather said...

He looks SO great in his costume! I love the pose, too! How cute. Glad you had such great weather and a gret time!

Pigtail Mama said...

I am glad that you had good weather out there, too! I love the picture of you with Tyler. You both look great! I'm glad that he had such a fun time. A successful Halloween! :)

IUgirl78 said...

Okay, that cracks me up that he actually got into character at some of the houses!! I would've loved to have seen that! That's cute how he reacted to the Three Musketeers bar. :)