Sunday, November 9, 2008

Lovin' Cousins!

This weekend, Grandma and Papa Genovese came for a visit and brought cousin Skylar with them. Tyler and Skylar always have a great time playing together, but often times, Skylar gets pushed to the side when cousin Conor is around-- after all, what girl wants to play Star Wars? But I guess "boys will be boys" as the saying goes! Grandma mentioned last week about bringing Skylar with them and we jumped at the idea. We ran it past Tyler, and he immediately wanted to call Skylar, Aunt Laurette, and Uncle Jim and ask if "Skylar could come for a play date this weekend"!

Saturday was a long way off, but when it finally arrived, Tyler was so excited! He waited by the door for when they pulled in the driveway and as soon as they did, these kids were off and running! The played upstairs, downstairs, inside, and outside! The ran, they walked, they even sat (just for a second!). I love to see how they play together, especially now that their imaginations are just forming and story lines are being formed. Once, Skylar said to Tyler "I'll be the mommy and you can be the kid." To which Tyler responded "No, I'll be the dad."!

They wasted no time in heading for the garage and the jeep-- Skylar wanted to drive and Tyler gave no complaints! Thank goodness for another mild, Fall weekend!

Back inside they made tracks to the basement and played their own version of Spiderman cards. As soon as I started snapping shots, they started hamming it up and this shot turned into this:
All full of giggles!
The adults relaxed for a few minutes before we left for dinner. Tyler kept saying that they were feeding Spike the dinosaur. I didn't realized that it meant they had strewn all the play food across the room!
I really don't know a more adorable sight. Not only is Skylar the apple of Tyler's eye, but she is only 3 1/2 months older than him, and my Goddaughter. It was great to have someone to share the pregnancy highs and lows with (my sister-in-law, Laurette) and someone to be up with in the middle of the night when we were all together. I remember the first time all the kids were together. Tyler was 1 week old and Skylar was 4 months old. Conor was 28 months. We sat all the kids on the couch and snapped pictures of them all. Tyler was a peanut (7 pounds) and Skylar was huge compared to him! Now they are almost identical in size.
Band Practice
Time: 8 a.m.
Place: Living room, at the bottom of the stairs
Who: Tyler on drums and Skylar on tambourine
Result: Everyone awake!
Not a minute went by without these two doing something together. Even as everyone was preparing to leave on Sunday afternoon, they busied themselves with chalk drawings on the driveway!
Come visit again, Sky! Tyler already misses you!





2 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

What cute cousins! I love the picture of them hugging. Precious. How nice that Ty has a cousin close to his age, and that they get along so well. I bet you enjoyed that as well!

I'm glad that you had decent weather out there. It was cccccold here this weekend!

I almost e-mailed you earlier today. I hadn't heard from you and you haven't blogged- I was worried! I know you are busy with your new job. How is it going? Missed you Saturday! :(

Heather said...

How sweet! Love that they're so close and get along so well!
So, how tired was he Sunday night?