Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Meet Tyler's "Guys"!

Tonight while I was giving Tyler a bath, he started talking about all his "guys". "Guys" is his word for any of his toys he plays with-- action figures, army guys, stuffed animals. Last week, Grandma Perry sent his some very real looking bugs (thanks, Grandma!). He decided tonight was the night to give them all names (I really couldn't keep them all straight at this point!). I told Tyler that when he was out of the tub, we should take pictures of him with all of his favorite "guys" that he sleeps with at night. This way we would have pictures to remember them all by.

After the bath was done, and he was dressed in his pajamas, he went right to his room and started posing for me! It was very cute and a few of these "guys" even makes me laugh!

The first, and most important one- Kitty. When Tyler was an infant or very young toddler, we found Kitty at Toy-R-Us. We were playing in the bins of stuffed animals and he was immediately drawn to this one. I told myself to let him hold it while we were in the store and before I knew it, Kitty was strapped into his seat with him on the way home. He has slept with Kitty during every nap and nighttime from then on. Kitty has traveled the ends of the Earth with Tyler (sometimes in a suitcase, but nonetheless with us!). A few months after we purchased Kitty, I had to buy Kitty's twin, and her residence is Tyler's daycare!


Ahhhh, Teddy Dufus and Teddy Rufus! Both big, soft, cuddly stuffed bears that were baby gifts before Tyler was even born! Even though Tyler is growing older, these guys still have important places in his room and they watch him sleep every night.


This is Teddy Chins. He was a gift from the Plainedge, New York Emergency Room (I think of him as a "thank you for visiting us, please come again" kind of gift.). Tyler aptly named him on the ride home from the E.R. on the 4th of July after his chin (get it?) was fixed with glue (I thought duct tape was supposed to fix everything?).

These two "guys" have the special privilege (at least this month) of sleeping right next to Tyler at night. They are Carny (the dog) and Sharky (the shark). We got Sharky when were in Florida in April. Carny was the very special prize that the woman working the carnival game at the fair a few weeks ago let Tyler and Frank win.
And last, but not least, Rexy and Johnny Cash! Rexy was a gift from Grandma this summer and immediately was given a prime spot on the bed when we returned home from Indiana. Johnny Cash was a Build-a-Bear design. Tyler and I visited there a year ago and wanted to make a special friend that would protect him at night. He was so excited when he found a Triceratops to stuff and design! On the was home Tyler said to me "I have a great idea, Mommy! Why don't we call him Johnny Cash?". The rest, they say, is history!

So there you have it! The history behind Tyler's prized "guys." This only breaks the iceberg of when he sleeps with on a regular night, there are still pillows, a stuffed Power Ranger, and some other random things I find when I change the sheets! On Sunday night, Tyler even fell out of bed because he ran out of room! But I will not be the one to kick one of these "guys" out of bed!

3 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

I hope he has a big bed! That is a lot of "guys!" I love seeing all of his best friends. How cute that he has so many! It is good that you document them here so that one day you can look back and remember them all. So cute!

IUgirl78 said...

No kidding--that's a lot of "guys" to have in his bed! My nephew was the same way and loved sleeping with tons of different things. Too funny! I think the names are pretty clever, too--especially Teddy Chins. :)

Lisa said...

Very cute- Tyler and Kylie sound like 2 peas in a pod! Kylie's are her "babies" and there are A LOT of them! Her whole top bunk is full of "babies" and more nights than not, we tuck each and every one in on top as well as the special ones Kylie chooses to tuck in with her on the bottom bunk! What adorable little "guys" we have :)!