Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ice, Ice, Baby!

"I'm ready, daddy, let's go!"
"How am I supposed to get over this wall? Where is the door?"
"Let's go! Put the camera away! I will help you onto the ice so yuo don't fall, daddy!"

Today was the first official day of Winter Break for Frank. He decided to spend some extra special time with Tyler, so they called in to Tyler's school this morning and played hookey at the rink. Tyler finally got to break in his new skates that Grandpa bought him at Christmas and they worked great! (They made Tyler skate REALLY fast!) After over an hour at the rink, Tyler and Frank called it quits and went and had lunch. It was a great morning for them both!

As a side note, tonight when we were putting Tyler to bed, we asked him what he wanted to listen to on the CD player. Tyler promptly said "The Motrin CD", to which we both corrected him and said "Oh, you mean Mozart?". To which our little guy quickly CORECTED us and said, "No, the MOTRIN CD!"

3 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

How sweet that the boys got to have some time together! Tyler is going to be a great player with Frank as his coach. :) I forgot about Winter Break in the northeast. I missed that when I came back here! I hope that Frank is enjoying his time off and that you get to have fun, too!

Heather said...

Winter break?! What's THAT?! I'm jealous. I want one.
I love Tyler's expression in the pic of him in his helmet, looking at the camera - he's such a cutie-pie!
Enjoy the "guys time", Frank and Tyler!

Professor P said...

I'm pleased to see the male bonding and the Christmas skates getting some work. A few more practices and Tyler will be skating for the Islanders (and that would make dad especially proud).