Tuesday, February 5, 2008

And to all a Good Knight......



I have to stand on my soapbox for a few minutes to pay homage to the man I wanted to father my children before Frank came along... ;-)

It is true! Robert Montgomery Knight has stepped down as head coach. I still remember the day I found out that he was fired at Indiana. Frank and I were driving back from a horrendous loss by Green Bay to Buffalo. I don't think I spoke for hours.


Thankfully he went out on his own terms. He was a great coach, a good man. He had great intentions for his players and those around him and I am lucky that I got to watch him coach. He is a great teacher and a great entertainer. I will truly miss him. I thank him for all the excitement he provided to me and all the memories I have of great games. I have watched him coach all over the country and miss that I will never see him again do what he loves.

2 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

I really can't believe he resigned! That is a nice post and cute title. Maybe he now has some free time and can father your next child. I'm sure Frank won't mind, right?? :)

Daddy said...

At least you got another great coach to sire your child. The only difference is that I am about 800 wins behind Knight. However, I do have a better winning percentage and better temper.