Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wham, bam, to the Moon!

Tyler has been the proud owner of a Moon Sand kit since Christmas, 2007. After playing with it once (and cleaning it up for days), I hid it really well. Or so I thought! As Tyler has grown, he has gotten smarter, and simply putting something on top of a closet isn't enough anymore! Whoops!

I knew that Saturday was going to be nice outside so I told Tyler that in the afternoon we could take the Moon Sand kit OUTSIDE and play with it. Great idea, I thought! Yeah, not so much. Days later, I am now working daily to get the little chunks of rainbow sand out from between the bricks on the front walkway. So much for my good idea! However, at least it's not all over my kitchen floors!

Tyler had a blast playing and really was entertained for a good chunk of time. He made giraffes, volcanoes, monkeys...

...elephants...
...and a mess. Outside. The blue and yellow sand in the walkway scream "A kid lives here!"-- something I wouldn't trade for the cleanest house on the block!

1 comments:

Heather said...

That is so cute! A good rain will wash it all away.