Sunday, May 3, 2009

Carnivores, Herbivores, oh my!

Last year at this time, we made a trip to the Springfield Science Museum to see the special dinosaur exhibit. We all had a great time last year seeing them on display, and when I saw the ad in the paper that another exhibit was in town, we made our way down to the museum! What made the trip even more special is that it was a mommy and Ty-ty date and I got to spend special time with my little guy!

These dinosaurs are all motorized. They move, make sounds, and are made to look life-like. To a kid who knows a lot about dinosaurs and but little about fantasy and reality and how to separate the two, it made for an interesting day. Tyler still had a lot of fun, regardless!
Tyler was very enamoured by the scene of the Raptors "eating" the Triceratops. Tyler knew right away that the Raptors were carnivores... I wasn't sure about the graphic nature of this scene. Ironically enough, this was as close as he got to the displays...

He looks so small in this picture. He really is at an age where he is so wise for his age, but then I look at a shot like this and I get a glimpse of what once was...
Being very cautious (that's his thing, like his mom). I guess this dino (a Miasaurus) was okay to be near to because she is a herbivore.
Ditto for the Dimetrodon...
In the lobby they had art activities set up for the kids. Tyler wanted to do a rubbing of a Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton.
One last look, from a good distance, though! What a great day we had at the museum. I love times like these where it is just him and I, these are the things we will remember for years to come!

0 comments: