Friday, January 16, 2009

Update!

Needless to say, things in the Genovese house have been very busy over the past few months. I know that a lot of our friends and family have been inquiring about my change in jobs and now that the holidays are finally over, I will give you my best update!

I started with my new company, Massachusetts Behavioral Health Partnership (MBHP) at the end of September. For the last 3 years my New Years resolution has been to find a new job. I am sorry to say that this year I have not come up with any resolutions so far! It is a lot different being on the “Dark Side” as many people refer to this position. I jumped not only from non-profit to profit, but also from direct care to managed care! It is something that I quickly adjusted to. After all, I don’t remember the last time I was able to order supplies when I actually needed them!

Many people know why I left my old job and not a day goes by that I don’t think of my staff and all the people I worked with. I have been able to stay on at MSPCC as a “consultant” and continue with a Parenting Education Class that I started as an intern there. I also have the opportunity to speak with the staff throughout the day—they now have to call me for service authorization!

I can not lie when I say that this HUGE change will take some getting used to. I used to work in an office with people coming in and out, the phone constantly ringing, things always going on. Now, at most, there are 11 people in the office at any given time! I used to supervise more than that! I also don’t have an office any more. I have a cubicle! The atmosphere is relaxed, autonomous, and mature!

The change has not only been good for me, but also for Frank and Tyler. I am more relaxed, less stressed, and settling into the new routine. We are all up early in the morning, so we get to spend time with each other (and Tyler gets to see daddy!). I adjust to the earlier time by making sure I have my new best friend with me every morning, caffeine! I no longer work in the evenings, I no longer get emergency phone calls on the weekend, and I only have 1 cell phone in my purse. MINE!

I hope that this brings everyone up to speed! Thanks for asking how things are going; I knew I would eventually get around to a reply! Now maybe I can spend some of my new found free time thinking of some new New Year’s resolutions!

2 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

I was wondering what you were up to--thanks for the update! I'm excited for you that you found a job with less stress. (Not that any job is exempt from it, of course.) But it's good that you'll have more time to focus on your family...which means more blog postings, right? :)

Pigtail Mama said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying it! That is very important. Thanks for the update. :)