Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fall soccer!

For the past few weeks, Tyler has been playing "Tot Soccer" for the town of Somers, Connecticut. It has been a lot of fun and a great way for him to get out and run off some energy! I have been very impressed by his great skills-- he is able to dribble the ball, weave in and out of players, and kick the ball from great distance. What makes it even better, is that there are a lot of kids in the class that he knows and that he looks forward to seeing... Unfortunately, the class is only 4 sessions long, and the season is half over!

Tyler listening intently as his coaches tell them all what the plan is for the next drill. The coaches (two high school soccer players) really do a nice job during the practices! (Tyler is the one with his hands on his hips by the girl in pink.)
Dribbling the ball inside the cones....
I can not believe how big he is! He does a great job of listening to his coaches. Frank and I have learned the trick of getting him to listen to other people (we are still working on Ty listening to us....). We refer to everyone as "coach". He immediately talks to them and puts them on a pedestal! Shoot, score!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Go Tyler! What a versatile little guy he is and so talented in sports! From the ice to the field to who knows what next :)-IMPRESSIVE!

Pigtail Mama said...

Is there anything Tyler DOESN'T do? :) He's so talented! He looks just adorable in his outfit. Gosh, he's getting so big! You guys must be busy running him around to all of his fun teams. I'm sure that will be us before too long! FUN! :)

IUgirl78 said...

No kidding--I am amazed with all he does. I think he's done more in his four-year-old life than I have in my entire 30-year-old life span!

I love that you call everyone "coach" and that he respects them so much. I might have to change my name at school--maybe that will help! :)