Sunday, October 4, 2009

Girls Gone Wild!

I must admit. The guilt as a mom at times is overwhelming. However, there are certain events that allow you to cleanse yourself of that guilt and start anew, refreshed. That certain event is a nice girls weekend. The conflict this year? Girl's weekend was scheduled for the weekend of October 2nd. The problem with October 2nd? It's my only baby's 5th birthday.

After waffling in indecision for a while, I finally decided to make the trek to Eagle Lake and hang with the girls for the weekend. And by Sunday, I was glad I had. Not simply because I proved to myself I was still holding my own in the "hanging" department (we stayed up until the 4-ish hour doing goodness knows what!), but I also could not wait to get home and see my baby! After all, absence makes the heart grow fonder!

On Friday night, the weather was very wet and rainy and a bonfire was out of the question. We chose instead to stay inside, play games, eat food, and talk. It was much needed! On Saturday? We slept until we woke up-- not anyone waking us up, ate, and lounged around. In the afternoon, we ran and got some dinner and then made our fire outside. It really could not have been a better day/weekend!
After numerous shots with the self timer, we finally got an acceptable shot! Some people just did not know when to keep their eyes ope/stop talking/look at the camera. Not everyone has years of practice taking sorority girl pictures! From left to right: myself, Cortney, Laurette, Angela.

The aftermath of out voracious appetites one night. Just goes to show that if you put the right food out, we will eat it! You would never guess, but this was a cheesy bread bowl dip. The only thing you see left are the crumbs! We even devoured the bowl!
Until next year, girls!

0 comments: