Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Beach, take 2

After our beautiful day at the beach the week before, my friend and I decided to take the kids mid-week to the shore. In the beginning of the week, the weather looked absolutely beautiful... on Wednesday, when we got there, not so much. It was a bit chilly and very overcast. The good part about a beach day with weather like that? Not many other people to compete with!

No matter the weather, the kids had a blast playing in the sand and enjoying their picnic lunch. After lunch, we headed over to the snack bar for a treat. What goes better with the beach in August? Ice cream!

We ended up calling it a day a little early and while Derek was getting dressed for the drive home, Tyler and Olivia gave me some classic four-year-old smiles:
Unfortunately the way home did not quite go as planned. We got a little (okay, a lot!) lost looking for a gas station. Isn't it ironic that when you need a gas station there is not one near by? We eventually found one and managed not to run out of gas (did I mention the gas light being on when we were on our way to the beach?). By the time we found a gas station the kids were getting really antsy and I was feeding them whatever food I could find in the bags within an arms length. I gave them mostly Oreos and this is what the end result was:
I guess they tasted real good!

0 comments: