Friday, March 5, 2010

Oh Boy!

One of the things I remember when I was pregnant with Tyler were all the 'Old Wives Tales' about how to tell the sex of your unborn child. People never had a problem guessing what you were going to have and telling you why they were right. My favorite people were the ones who guessed boy one week and then guessed girl the next. These same people also had fun after Tyler was born saying "See! I knew I was right!"

Here were some of the things I frequently heard: If you have morning sickness, girl. If you sit on a fork over a spoon, boy. If your face loses beauty, girl. There is also the Chinese Gender Predictor which some people swear by. Well, here are the things I swore by this time around:

Morning sickness, afternoon sickness, middle of the night sickness. Not to mention nausea whenever and wherever. Including this week-- girl!

Skin like I am 14 again and eating greasy pizza everyday-- girl!

Emotions and mood swings that are OOC! (Out of Control!)-- girl!

A Chinese Gender Predictor result-- girl!

There is a reason why these things are 'Old Wives Tales'-- they do not ensure a 100% correct guess! So instead of keeping people guessing, we thought we would let the Big Brother in this house give the news!

The next 'Old Wives Tale" to defeat? Heartburn. They say if you have it, your baby has lots of hair! Well, I had it bad with Tyler and now I have no heartburn at all, so we'll wait and see!

6 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

Yippee!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! What a cute idea to have Tyler tell everyone. Love it! I bet he is so happy to be having a little brother. Tyler is probably already having visions of them playing hockey together. SO fun!

Hope you're feeling well and congratulations!

Heather said...

Awww...baby brother. Congrats! Wouldn't that be a scream if this baby is bald? Tyler had SO much hair! Hmm...I'm excited for little James to come - you are going to name him James, after his g'pa, right? ; )
Hope you're feeling better soon. Hormones and pregnancy...it's not for sissies!
Love ya!

Lisa said...

Congrats again my friend- very exciting news! No words of wisdom here as our house is Estrogen City-poor Pete ;)! Maybe we can help each other since we will really only be versed in how to raise and deal with the 1 sex!!

Candy said...

Hi Jennifer, Frank and Tyler,
Congratulations on your news that you will have a baby boy! So happy for you!
Love,
Candy

IUgirl78 said...

How are you feeling??

Pigtail Mama said...

How did I miss commenting on this?!? I guess I commented on FB. :) CONGRATS to the Genovese Fam! That is so exciting! Tyler is going to be a great big brother. That video is too cute! We can't wait to meet Baby G in a few months!!