Monday, March 1, 2010

The Baby Limbo

On Friday, this "baby" I am having will become a son or daughter. No more will we be caught in the limbo of "baby", green, yellow, and what if....

I can't wait!

If you have not guessed, Friday I have an ultrasound, the second part of the Nuchal Translucency screening, to be exact. After weeks of going back and forth on the "do we" or "don't we" find out topic, Frank and I have settled on the you-better-cooperate-kid 'cuz we really want to know!

When we were pregnant with Tyler (okay, who am I kidding, when I was swollen and huge with Tyler), we did not find out. We wanted the suspense of waiting until the last possible minute to find out what we were having. After all, the only thing that mattered then is the same thing that matters now-- a happy and healthy child! But that being said, why prolong the suspense? I am feeling suspenseful enough to last me until Friday!

One thing is for sure. If this growing baby is a girl, I will fill her closet with pink, dresses, ruffles, and bows! It is about time that the Estrogen level in this house increases! However, if God brings us another boy, we will have enough for a Bobsled team! Watch out 2030 Olympics!

We will all continue to wait until Friday when we will know more. Say a prayer that little Geno Baby, or Tigger as Tyler refers to 'her' as(yes, he calls my bump a 'her') cooperates. In the meantime, vote and give us your opinion on what our next addition will be!

**********

I will share this gem of a story with you. When I was pregnant with Tyler and set to be induced, my parents flew in from Indiana and Frank's drove up from New York. Unfortunately, Tyler did not cooperate as planned and I was sent home after the induction failed. My dad was not able to stay and await "the big day". My mom did and the next weekend proved to be the successful induction. My mom and mother-in-law waited outside the room while I was giving birth to Tyler. My mom stayed on the phone with my dad (who was at an IU football game) to give him this play-by-play. I guess the nurses were providing everyone with updates and they were told that Tyler was crowning and had a head full of hair. My mom relayed this to my dad. His response?

"Well, is it a boy or a girl?"

7 comments:

Heather said...

Professor P...he never disappoints in making me chuckle. I'm excited to hear what you're having. We did the exact same thing you're doing - didn't find out w/ our first and did w/ our second. After having found out, I can't imagine how we made it the whole time not knowing! And Jack was dressed in a whole lotta' yellow and green as a result. So, how are you going to report the results? What time is your u/s?

Heather said...

P.S. Yes, I admit, I'm the one who voted for "boy". I'm biased...I have two of them and I'm kinda' fond of them. If I'm wrong, I'll gladly buy all kinds of pink, frou-frou ruffly girly GOODNESS to stuff her closet with!!

Pigtail Mama said...

OMG I can't WAIT! Although I didn't find out with either one of mine, I love it when people find out. :) So will you blog about it, Twitter about it, Facebook about it, e-mail about it, or do a good ol' fashioned phone call with the good news? Eeek! I wish it were Friday!!!!! I'm SO excited!!

Pigtail Mama said...

My word verification for my comment was "thrill". Very fitting, I'd say!

IUgirl78 said...

Yay!!! I'll be stalking your blog tomorrow to hear the big news! I am guessing that you're having a boy--but only because I keep picturing Baby Tyler. :) Good luck!

Heather said...

WELL?!?!?!?!

IUgirl78 said...

I'm dying to know, too!!!