Thursday, February 4, 2010

And baby makes four!

That's right, folks! After five long years, Frank and I finally decided that it was time to add to our family! We could not be any more excited/happy/nervous! This decision has been in the works for awhile but because of moves, job changes, life, was always put on hold. Not any longer!

I found out I was pregnant on Monday, November 23rd, while Frank was out playing hockey. On a whim, I took a test and it was positive! I really thought that I was going to jump out of my skin! I was so excited, but I also knew that I knew and no one else did.

How could I break the news to Frank?

After collecting myself, I remembered that on Wednesday, my in-laws were going to take Tyler for the night so Frank and I could have dinner. Alone. Together. Knowing that Frank is not one for big spectacles and to-dos, I decided that dinner would be perfect!

The problem? That was 48 hours away. I couldn't say anything to anyone! UGH!

Anyways, I went out, had the following picture printed, bought a card, and stuck with my plan. The funnier part? I filled out the card in the car, while Frank was driving. I was in the backseat, but he still had no clue!

All throughout dinner I was jumping out of my skin! I just could not wait to tell him! I managed to wait until we were almost done with the meal and then presented him with the card. His response? "What's this?" Mine? "Just open it, I got you a card." Well, duh.
I did not even have to write anything in the card (but I did) and when he saw the pictures, he said "Really?" That response and the expression on his face (oh yeah, and the tears in his eyes) was well worth the 48 hour suspense!
Six weeks and twelve weeks, below.
Tyler posing with his new baby sister/brother. Will we find out this time? I am definitely ready for some pink, ruffles, and dolls to overtake the house next!
But wait, the story of Baby Geno's arrival is not over yet. For a few weeks after we found out, we told a select few people-- family, and close friends. One of the most common questions we were asked was "Does Tyler know?". We waited to tell him until we were ready for everyone to know! But the way in which he found out was pure accident.
One afternoon Frank picked up Tyler from daycare. When he arrived, Katie and Ellie said to Frank "Congratulations!". Frank, looking quizzical, must have needed a better explanation. Katie told Frank that Tyler had told her that I was going to have a baby boy and name him Ellie. Frank, assuming that I had told them, as well as Tyler the news, thanked them, said we were very happy, and that Tyler would indeed be a big brother. However, Frank could not understand why Tyler had a confused look on his face!
When they were on their way home that night, they called me and Frank told me what had happened. I explained to Frank that no, I did not tell Tyler, or Katie and Ellie! Whoops! That explained the strange look on Tyler's face when Frank announced he would be a big brother! Needless to say, I was disappointed the news was not given at home with both Frank and I, I quickly had to laugh (damn those pregnant mood swings!) about how things came about! That was the night it was time to break the news! Thankfully, Tyler is as excited as we are!
More irony about this pregnancy? Projected due date? August 4th! Importance of that date? Our 9th wedding anniversary!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Awww...love the way you told Frank! I wish I had that much self control. I can't see the picture you had printed, though - DAMN work internet!
Congrats!! I'm SO excited for you guys! Now that my baby isn't really a baby anymore I can still get a baby fix with little Geno!

IUgirl78 said...

I cannot believe you waited 48 hours to tell Frank! And that is too funny about how Tyler found out. (Well, I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time...) I'm so excited for you guys!! You know, August 2nd is a great day for a b-day. :)

Pigtail Mama said...

YAY! I am SO, so excited for all of you! I can't wait to meet Baby Geno, and wish you lots of good sleep over the next few months! WE love you guys!!!!