Friday, September 11, 2009

Lunch, anyone?

Every night when I am on my way home, I call Frank and Tyler to check in and see how things are going. Tonight when I called Frank told me that Tyler wrote me a note today at school and he needed to "discuss" something with me. Obviously my curiosity was peaked. Frank would not let me in on the issue no matter how hard I begged and pleaded!

When I walked in the door, I gave hugs and kisses and asked Tyler what was up. He told me to go look in his lunch box....
Sure enough, when I opened it, I found his sandwich and this note:

And it said this:
"Mom, I don't like this bread. Love, Tyler"
I guess my desire to change things up a bit did not go over well. I had bought mutligrain bread which had a few whole grains in it. It obviously did not go over well. The part that was also left out of the note was the bit about the yogurt I had packed that day... it had chunks of strawberries in it... also not a bit hit. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.
Needless to say, peace was restored at dinner with a nice meal (approved by Tyler) of chicken nuggets and apples. All is well that ends well!


0 comments: